Lay Formation Program
AIM OF EPARCHIAL LAY FORMATION:
- To help participants understand the richness of our Eastern Church by studying our liturgy, theology, spirituality and tradition.
- To grow in personal and liturgical prayer through active participation in various Eastern liturgical services as well as a personal prayer program.
- To help participants deepen their baptismal commitment and to realize that their lives as baptized Christians are essentially ministerial.
- To help candidates lean general skills that are important for all kinds of ministry.
- To build up self-confidence and deep personal conviction in faith and ministry through expansion of knowledge, understanding and insight.
The Program is a two-year program. Sessions are held one weekend per month for ten months from September to June each year. The Program runs in conjunction with the Saskatoon Diocesan Lay Formation Program. Some courses are shared, others are separate.
The content of the program is planned so as to provide a progressive development through four basic stages of Christian conversion: Scripture, Spirituality, Liturgy and Theology, and Ministry.